May 4, 2018

Genji's Steakhouse

Today for lunch I went with a couple co-workers to the Genji's Steakhouse. Genji's is one of these Japanese styled places where they cook the food on a grill in front of you. This is the first time I have been to this location. I ordered the lunch chicken teriyaki. It came with a nice set of courses, starting with soup and then salad, followed by some grilled vegetables with a ginger sauce to dip them in, a bowl of rice, and then the meat entree.

While the food was filling, and the vegetables were nicely done, I was a bit underwhelmed. I was expecting more flair from the cook from the hype I had been given about eating here, but he basically came in, silently cooked the food, and left. The rice was a bit dry for my taste. And the chicken sauce seemed much saltier than I cared for.

Overall, I did not think the experience was worth the price; the lunch serving was about $14, I would say it would be worth more like $8. Dinner servings are in the $20-30 range. As my other co-worker Duong put it: "If I want to eat stir fried meat on fried rice, there are lots of other places to get it for much cheaper."

-

No comments: