April 15, 2018

Programming

I just thought I would link to my GitHub account. There are just a couple projects there, I think the most interesting one is the implementation of the Keccak hash function in Ada.

A little background about me and programming:

When I was in college, I took a semester class in the C programming language. That was a long time ago, and I don't use C much, but I can mostly understand what programs written in C are doing.

Later on, a friend suggested that I check out the Python programming language. I dove into Python, and I found it much more accessible than C. It helped me understand more concepts and abstractions used in programming.

More recently, I was introduced to the Ada programming language. This is an elegant language, with a published specification, and the things like type safety force you to be more methodical than Python. Programming remains a hobby for me, and I don't have much time to do it, but so far Ada is the most satisfying programming language I have used.

-

No comments: